I wish there were more hours in the day?
I always leave my time sheets until the end of the week and then I struggle to remember exact hours.
I hope clients don’t ask me for a breakdown of my time, otherwise this will create a bigger workload as I have not been monitoring hours spent on specific tasks.
I sometimes have to guess what hours I worked.
I convince myself that I will remember the details when it comes to filling in the time sheet .
If you can relate to the above then it may be time to look at Time Management for business.
Keeping track of your work hours is crucial in Time Management for business.
With so much time being spent out of the office and on the road is it vital that you keep track of your time. Consultants, hourly paid workers, law experts, accountants and small business along with other professionals need to keep track of their billable time. The benefits of keeping track of your workload are
1. It enables you to set your rates, improve your business, and even save time on future project
2. It enables an accurate record of your time in order to bill your clients.
3. Accurate time keeping is important in order not to under or overcharge your clients. If you underestimate or overestimate a project it can lead to losing a client and financial loss.
4. Time can be revaluated to distinguish areas where time is being wasted and not financially viable.
5. Your time is your business. It pays the bills, pays your salary, and pays your employees without it there would be no business.
6. reduces stress levels, the feeling of having so much to do and no time to do it, can be very stressful, by understanding your time you can help put things into prospective and start to focus.
7. Monitoring your time can stop procrastination and lead to more productivity.
Deadlines can be accomplished by focusing the appropriate amount of time and energy towards specific areas. Unless you are aware of your time management habits it will be difficult to change you approach.
Being in control of your time leads to a feeling of control and less time wasting, you analyse what you are doing, when you are doing it and adapt accordingly.
With all changes in life, it takes time and commitment to truly understand and make changes.
Our app myWorkTime was developed after years of working to tight deadlines and the stress of having to remember timesheets and specifics if asked to justify a project. For us being forearmed with the information and accurate time keeping enabled us to be more confident and reassured that we were managing and recording our time accurately and able to justify our time to the end client.
We have created an app to help users keep track of their Clients, Projects and Tasks. The app allows you to log your work time spent on specific projects,clients and tasks and add notes in order to keep accurate records, the files can be uploaded to the cloud or drop box, enabling you to analyse your time and make adjustments to how you work. We hve a free version called myWorkTime lite, this will enable you to try before you buy, If you like how the app works and feel it will help you manage your time then you can use in app purchase to buy the full version enabling the user to keep all the data entered in the lite version. The app cost €2.39 from iTunes
The app is constantly evolving and is adapting according to user input, we have plans for a suite of user friendly apps to compliment myWorkTime, and these can be used alongside myWorkTime or completely independently. Our aim is to provide users with an affordable time management approach that will be financially affordable to even the smallest business.